Saturday, May 26, 2012

Review - Endlessly by C.V. Hunt

Endlessly (Endlessly, #1)Endlessly by C.V. Hunt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
202 pages
Published February 19th 2011 (first published February 17th 2011)

Synopsis:
'When Ashley walks into a shop run by the vampire, Verloren, they both get the surprise of their lives. Ash is about to learn that she's not just another pretty young woman, while Verloren is astonished to find himself falling in love. But how can a vampire love a human? And what if the human isn't as human as she seems? When Ash's true nature reveals itself, the entire power structure of the world's outsiders teeters on the brink of destruction. Verloren and Ash become more and more terrified as they grope their way toward the ultimate truth: that they hold the key to something much larger than their own survival.'

My Thoughts:
Well, this book was certainly a surprise. I wasn't expecting much at all as it was a book that I picked up as a free copy from Amazon for my Kindle a couple of weeks ago but I have to admit that I really was pleasantly surprised.

This story is not your typical vampire story. I guess you could say it's more of a 'raw' vampire story rather than the stereotypical 'hollywood' ones that have been all over the place recently.

The story centres around a vampire named Verloren who has very human like tendencies such as being able to sleep and go out in sunlight as well as the ability to feel real emotions such as love for another being. This becomes apparent when a mysterious girl walks into his store one day and Verloren finds that he becomes infactuated with her and can't think of anything else.

What happens after this is a fast paced and interesting tale of an unconventional love story that conquers above all else.

What I loved about this book was that it brought practically every alternative being from other genres into the one story and managed to fit them all together rather nicely. In this book you'll not only find your typical vampires and werewolves but other mythical creatures such as fairies, trolls and witches all living together on earth in relative harmony.

All of these supernatural beings are controlled by a central head called The Quatre who determine the rules that they all have to abide by and pass on sentences to those that don't.

Although I must admit that I did see a lot of similarities between this book and some elements of the Sookie Stackhouse series and the Twilight books, I still found it an enjoyable read that definitely kept me interested until the very end.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the sequel.

Links:
Currently the Kindle edition of this book is still free at Amazon so get in and grab it quick!

Otherwise, grab the paperback version from The Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...