Saturday, November 10, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday (9th November 2012)


Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It is a great way to make new friends and gain followers.

Here is this weeks question:

Q: Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, retellings or pulled-to-publish fanfic?

Well the short answer to this question is a big "Yes!". I get bored very easily if I'm reading a book that isn't original in any way or just seems to be a different style of retelling of another book I've previously read.
The whole point of writing is to get your own story or point of view out there into the public eye, not to steal someone else's concept and try and get credit for writing about it yourself.
Of course there will always be similar 'themes' in books such as vampires, murder, romance, etc, but when the whole plot of a story seems to be following in the same fashion as another I get really annoyed.

I'd love to know what others think of this question?

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...