Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Reading Wrap-Up Post

Ok, so for 2012 I managed to read 50 books which was great as that was the challenge limit I set myself at the beginning of the year.

Out of those 50 books there was:

* Pages read - 13,246 -  I set myself a challenge of reading 15,000 pages so fell short there. Oh well I'll see how I go next year.

* Male Authors read = 13 vs Female Authors read = 37 - Not sure what happened there as I usually gravitate towards male authors so this was an interesting turnaround this year.

* Ebooks read = 32 vs Physical Books read = 18 - Interesting to see that I've fully embraced the use of the Kindle that I got for Mother's Day :-)

* Average Star Rating was 3 of out 5 stars for all the books read.

* Total Authors Read = 40 with 36 of these being new authors to me this year and only 6 being author's I've read previously.


My favourites for 2012 (those I gave 5 stars to) were as follows (in no particular order):
1) Off Leash by Jenna Anderson
2) Spook House by Michael West
3) Chalk Valley by D.L. Johnstone
4) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
5) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collings
6) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
7) Animal Farm by George Orwell


So, that's pretty much my reading history for 2012 in a nutshell. Hopefully now that I'm not studying anymore I can hope to get a lot more reading in during 2013 but I won't get too ahead of myself just yet.

I'd love to know how everyone else did as far as their reading goals were concerned for 2012.

Happy New Year Everybody!!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...